Saturday 23 March 2013

All Ready for Spring - Our Easter Mantle

Just a quickie little post to show off a project that the girls and I put together this week. When I got home from work, my little munchkins bombarded me with requests to get out our Easter stuff. I’m pretty sure the request came because they were sick of looking at the Valentine’s mantle my lazy self had yet to take down.

I took out the Easter decorations from their perch inside the bean’s closet and got to work dismantling Valentine’s Day in the middle of March. I let the girls loose on my scrapbook paper collection to pick some spring coloured paper and made a quick, easy bunting by cutting the paper and folding the top edge over and securing it with tape. This allowed me to run twine through the back to hang the happy little sign from the mantle.

I freehand cut out the letters and used my awesome Martha Stewart Circle Cutter to cut out the plain white circles. I made the mistake of using liquid glue instead of the double sided craft tape to affix the pieces to each other, so it dried a little crinkly, but overall I think it turned out really cute!

I pulled together my favourite Easter baskets (the yellow one on the far left my mom made for me when I was a kid) and filled some glass containers with brightly coloured plastic eggs. Miss A added some homemade artwork, Miss E put her two favourite stuffed bunnies to add to the collection and I put in some blue and green vases for color.

Thanks for hopping by my little corner of the internet today. I hope you enjoyed out Easter mantle! Now to plan ahead for the next one – SUMMER!



Linking to Joyful Homemaking, Not Just a Housewife and A Bowl Full of Lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...