Monday 30 July 2012

My New Kitchen Toy!

I know I am trying to become a minimal-isht , but if something in your house isn’t working for your needs, I think it should be ok to replace it.

For six years we have used this vase-thing to corral our kitchen utensils. It’s horrible.
It’s narrower at the top, so there is always a logjam of utensils you need to navigate through to get to the salad tongs. It’s really big, so anything not quite tall enough to come over the top gets lost in the abyss of the vase.
Oh yes, and it’s ugly. I keep it on top of the fridge because I don’t like to see anything on my counters that shouldn’t be there (although the mountain of paper that I can’t seem to tackle usually ends up on the kitchen counters, but that’s a story for another day...).
A friend of mine had a Pampered Chef party recently and all of the ladies there raved about this Turn-About to contain their utensils. At first I thought it was pretty steep at $24 when I already had a semi-functioning holder of my kitchen stuff, but after thinking about it for the next two months and seeing how well it worked for my friend, I decided to take the plunge.
So, I took a chance and ordered it, and it promptly arrived a week later. And it has been sitting. In the box. For three weeks. Right next to the stupid vase thing it is supposed to be replacing!!
But today is the day – Ta Da! It’s out of the box!
Now it’s time to purge until it fits.
Alright, I know, it's a pretty sad purge pile, but I have been pretty diligent about getting rid of stuff that doesn't have a purpose in the kitchen. 
After the purge, I managed to get down to just the necessities and they fit in the Turn-About! SUCCESS!
Have you had any organizing successes this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...