Tuesday 23 October 2012

Simple Living Lesson 1 - Dream

Source
This is the first week in my Simple Living Lessons Challenge. After reading Lorilee Lippincott`s Simple Living: 30 Days to Less Stuff and More Life. I plan on working my way through the book and showing my journey here, with you!

The first lesson in the book asks us to DREAM - to imagine what we would like our life to be; how we would like to spend our time, what we would define as success...
Alright, here goes:
Home? I would like my home to reflect my family - cozy, uncomplicated and full of love. I have been on a minimalish journey for some time now, and our home is starting to reflect just that. No longer are we surrounded by things that don`t make us happy or clutter our lives. Sure I would love to have an I Heart Organized home, but for now, we are definitely on the right track!
Time? Here's wher I need to put in some work. Ideally I would like to unschedule our lives a little bit - it seems like every day is book from now until the end of time! I do try my best to schedule our time doing things we enjoy with people we love be we could definitely do with some more down time.
Success? This is a funny one. I was actually having a discussion about this at work last week. All of the "living" blogs that I read tell you to find your passion and then find a way to make it your job or your life's work. I disagree. I wholeheartedly believe that you can work at a job that you enjoy without it being your passion - as long as what you do ALLOWS you to fit in your passion, I think you are successful.
For me? I am so blessed to be able to work part time so I can spend extra time with my passion - my husband and my girls. 
Gratutitious shot of my girls, they make me smile so much every day!
The fact that I get to do what I do makes my life a success... so far!

Phew! That was sure a long post! I'm so glad I got it all down on paper though, it makes me realize how lucky I am!  Next week the challenge is called "Underneath" and involves your unmentionables drawer. Should be interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...