Tuesday 9 October 2012

Breakfast for Dinner - Easy Quiche Recipe

Tonight we had the most amazing dinner! It's one that I have been planning to make for a while now. I was so looking forward to it, that I mentioned it at work, and THREE of my co-workers asked for the recipe. One girl even made it tonight too!!
I've made this recipe before and though the original recipe calls for Swiss cheese, I had cheddar on hand, so that's what I used. Really, anything could be added to this recipe to enhance it, but it's delicious all on its own!
The "crust" on this recipe is made from two of my absolute favorite ingredients - bacon and cheese!! Delicious, crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese co-mingled in glorious melty goodness. You seriously have to try this recipe. Less than 45 minutes from preparation of the ingredients to serving this cheesy, bacony (I know it's not a word, but it really should be!)plate of goodness.

Breakfast for Dinner - Easy Quiche Recipe
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Ingredients
8 slices of bacon
4 ounced shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp melted butter
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion, or use this
1 tsp salt and pepper
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
Instructions
Cook bacon until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside. Feel free to taste test at this point!
Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease a 9" pie plate.
OK here is the best part... you ready? Combine the shredded cheese and the crumbled, still warm bacon together in the bottom of the pie plate and lightly press down. This is going to become your quiche "crust." You can thank me anytime.....
Combine eggs, butter, onion, salt and pepper, flour and milk and whisk until smooth. Pour into pie plate on top of your "crust."
Bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until quiche is set in the middle.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I know I had fun making and eating it tonight!! I LOVE breakfast for dinner!! And bonus! This will make a great lunch reheated tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. I made this dish today and it was AWESOME! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...