Saturday 10 October 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving friends!! This weekend we have so much to be thankful for - a healthy family, beautiful children, turkey dinner with my parents, siblings and beautiful niece and nephews!! I managed to put together a Chocolate Eclair Cake for our Thanksgiving dessert, and it was delish!!

I am thankful for my husband - also known as the Laundry Fairy. He works hard for our family and will always make sure we have everything we need (before he turns on the football game).

I am thankful for my children - these two gorgeous girls who test and challenge me every day to be a better mother, teacher and friend. Every day I learn something from them, and I hope they know that I love them to the moon and back.



Seriously?? I took 14 photos and this is the best one!!
I am thankful for our family - parents, siblings, nieces and nephews. I know that they are always there when we need them and can be counted on for everything - fixing a leak, emergency babysitting, sharing a cuppa and some chocolate digestives. Our moms pick up the girls from school and are always around to spend time with the girls for which I am eternally grateful.

I am thankful for turkey dinner. This is the first year my side of the family didn't have our traditional dinner for 50 (yes, 50!!). Although I miss seeing my aunts, uncles and cousins, my dad cooked us an amazing turkey and ham dinner this year. And I got the leftovers for Turkey Pot Pie. Life is good.

I am thankful for my friends. We are so lucky to be surrounded by amazing people. Friends who live next door and pop in for a cup of tea and a design consultation, friends at work who can tell when I need a hug or a cup of tea (I'm sensing a common theme here... happiness is a cuppa tea...and sometimes a glass of wine).

As the sun sets tonight on my 36th year, and I celebrate Thanksgiving and my birthday with my favorite faces, I am thankful for all of the gifts in my life. I hope that this coming year is as amazing as all those before. Cheers!!

Thanks for stopping by for a read today, I really appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...