Thursday 5 February 2015

A little bit of garage organization

We all have that place in our homes that, no matter how hard you try, just can't get/stay organized. My house has lots of those places. The place that drives me the most crazy? The garage.

We are very blessed to live in a home with a two car garage. We also make sure to actually park two cars in said garage. That means all the other things we have that don't belong in the house end up in the garage. For us, that meant three bikes, two scooters, a pogo stick, a bazillion pairs of shoes and boots, recycling bins and a ton of other stuff.

This past summer Miss A finally graduated to a mountain bike. At the time, we had the bikes mounted on the wall beside my husband's car. With the old bikes, he was able to get out of the car easily. With Miss A's new bike, he had to duck and dodge and try not to hit his head on the bike when coming into the house.

After reconfiguring a set of shelves to another part of the garage, I set out to my local Canadian Tire store to find a better way to store these bikes. I found these awesome, low profile Mastercraft Bike Hooks for $9.99!!

The hubs and my dad mounted a couple of pieces of wood onto the blank space of wall so that we'd have something solid to mount the hooks onto.

All in, this project took less than an hour and made a HUGE impact on the storage and space in our garage. I had the hubs add a big hook above the bike storage to hold the bike rack that goes on my truck when we take the bikes away with us. It makes me happy every time I drive into the garage. Best of all? I can get the bikes up and down with no trouble at all!!

My Husband and my Dad!! I'm so lucky :)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope I've inspired you a little today!!

1 comment:

  1. Bicycles could really take a big space in our garage, but we just want to put them there so that it will be convenient for us to get them when we are going to use them. They are often used specially when we have kids, and that bicycle storage solution that you shared will come in handy to those who have small space in their garage. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea, Rachel.


    Traci Mcdaniel @ Carolina Material Handling

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...