Monday 19 January 2015

Menu Plan Monday - Jan 19, 2015

Hello friends! What an amazing weekend!! We were blessed to have NOTHING on the calendar. All weekend long!! Our only commitment was babysitting my nephew for a few hours, but since it was at our house, it was like we had an entire weekend to ourselves. That never happens!

The hubs took Sunday off this week to watch our beloved Seahawks play yesterday – and they won!! So much excitement, our team is off to the SuperBowl! Guess I better start planning a SuperBowl party menu!! The hubs and my dad also spent some time on Saturday constructing new bike storage in my garage! It’s fantastic and I can’t wait to share it with you all!

Last week I felt defeated because I had menu planned to eat out at fast food places twice during the week. We had our first night out at Subway, so we managed to eat healthfully. Our second night out was at McDonalds. Normally I’m not proud of going to Mickey D’s for dinner, but last Wednesday a wonderous thing happened.

After ordering the girls each their chicken nugget happy meal, I ordered an extra cheeseburger. Then I tore it in half and told each little that in order to get ice cream at the end of the night, they had to eat the cheeseburger. GUESS WHAT?!? They did!! Miss E wasn’t too happy that there was sauce on the burger, but Miss A LOVED it!! Hazzah!! After 8 years on this planet refusing to try a McDonald’s cheeseburger, not only did she try it! She liked it! And wants to order one the next time we go out!! It’s the little things that make me happy…

On this week’s menu I’m planning on trying out a couple of new recipes, so I am linking to the original website for the recipe. Hopefully I’ll be able to photograph as I cook, tweak and remake for my family and I’ll be able to share the recipes with you all next week!! 

On the menu this week:

Monday: Kale salad, spaghetti and breadsticks
Tuesday: PF Changs Lettuce wraps (and chicken nuggets for the kids)

Wednesday: Turkey enchilada bake (using the recipe link, but with turkey instead of beef!!)
Thursday: Cajun shrimp fettuccine - trying new recipe
Friday: Brinner – breakfast for dinner! Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes and toast!
Saturday: Dinner out!!
Sunday: Another new recipe! Chicken cordon bleu casserole

I’ll be linking my menu plan up to OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday – check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...