Tuesday 15 January 2013

White Chocolate Macadamia Crinkle Cookies

Hello all! I am back with another of my test recipes that turned out successfully! When we were in Hawaii, we bought a few packages of macadamia nuts to bring home. I knew that I wanted to make cookies with them, and I found the perfect recipe. 
 
I found the recipe in a Taste of Home specialty cookie magazine. A few tweaks turned this into a pretty delicious batch of cookies, if I do say so myself! I brought a test batch of these cookies to my daughter’s school to let the other moms give me their opinions and they were gone lickety split!

White Chocolate Macadamia Crinkles

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
6 ounces baking chocolate, chopped
½ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
½ cup sugar

Instructions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and toast nuts for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Chop the macadamia nuts as large or small as you wish.
Increase heat in the oven to 400F. 
 
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. 
 
Roll into 1” balls. Roll each ball into the sugar. Place 2” apart on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly. 
 
Bake at 400F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...