Wednesday 4 March 2015

Spring Cleaning Challenge - 400 Item Purge

Hello my friends! I hope you are all having a fantastic week, I know with this weather it’s nothing but sunshine over here. For the last while, most of the posts on this little blog have been recipes and menu plans and while those are fun (and delicious) it’s time for me to get back to the root of this blog.

The reason that I started blogging in the first place is because I decided to find my own form of minimalism, which I labelled minimalish. I was voraciously reading blogs on home organization and decluttering and minimalism and trying to find a way to clear out the excess from my life. With help from friends I managed to make some serious organizing headway and cleared minivan-loads of "stuff" out of our home. It felt great and I was doing really well, but sometime between minimal-ish and today things have started to creep back into our house.

With spring break for the girls starting next week and the hubby home for a week, we are going to get a start on our spring cleaning. It is much easier to actually wash the walls, windows, blinds and floors when not constantly moving things around. To that end, I asked Miss A to pick a number between 1 and 500 - she chose 400. So, this weekend, our family is going to purge 400 items from our house. If each of us commits to picking through 100 items that can go, we will make it to our 400 item goal in no time!

We have done it before! Back in 2012, we did a 300 Item Purge. Look at how cute and little my littles used to be!! We did a massive purge of kids stuffies and clothes back then. Well, a couple of years and a couple of sizes have passed, so I am sure we can start by purging the kids closets, but there are many other areas to try too! I'm getting excited to see how much we get accomplished!! I even have my hubby involved this time! I'm not sure how much he'll be purging of his own stuff, but if I have my way, more than a few old tshirts will be making their way onto the purge pile...

I'll check in with you guys later in the week to let you know about our progress. Thanks for stopping by! I hope I've inspired you a little today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...