Saturday, 3 January 2015

Money Saving Challenge

Hello all! I hope you are all having a fantastic new year! I have been loving having the week after Christmas off – getting started on some organizing projects, hanging some artwork I made for the girls’ rooms.

Today I’m here with a bit of a different post. My cousins over in Ireland did a weekly money-saving challenge and managed to save a huge chunk of money over the past year. I found a similar one on Pinterest  and thought it would be fun to see if I could stick to it and save up some cash. I don’t have a plan for what to spend the money on, I’m just excited to save it up!

The challenge that I found said that by saving $1 the first week, $2 the next week, and so on until by the last week of the year, save $52 for a grand total of $1378.00 saved! This sounds like a great plan, but I thought I needed to make a little tweak. Rather than having to save $49, $50, $51 and $52 in the month of December (prime Christmas present buying time), I decided to switch it up and work backwards for the 52 weeks. So this week, I’ll be putting $52 into my savings canister, next week it’ll be $51, and so on.

For me, the trick is going to be NOT dipping in to the piggy bank when I think I “need” to. So, I scoured the house and found a not-in-use container with a lid, grabbed my trusty hot glue gun and some wrapping paper and got to work making it sealing it up and making it pretty.

I think it turned out alright, I’ve got my savings container and my list of deposit amounts in a kitchen cupboard (because that’s where my purse ends up most nights) and I’m ready to start building my little nest egg.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope I’ve inspired you a little today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...