Sunday 1 July 2012

Breakfast Muffins

This week I made one of my favorite bulk cooking breakfast recipes. I was down in the states last week and eggs were on sale for $1.18 for an 18 pack! Since I bought two packs I thought I better get to making a big batch of breakfast food!
A friend of mine from high school (thanks Kim!) mentioned this recipe on Facebook last year and I knew that these would be an instant favorite. I have made them a few times since then and they are always snapped up in a few minutes.
This week two dozen of these babies made into my office for breakfast. I put them in the oven just in time for them to be ready when I was walking out the door, so I got to work and they were still warm and delicious.
This recipe can be modified to any taste, made vegetarian or not, with added veggies, or not, however you want to make them, they'll turn out great!
Breakfast Muffins
(this recipe made 30 muffins)
Ingredients
2 boxes Stove Top stuffing
30 eggs
1/2 cup real bacon bits (or crumbled cooked breakfast sausage, or veggie sausage, or anything really)
2 cups grated cheese


Instructions
Make stove top according to package directions.
Spray your muffin tins with A LOT of Pam. I mean A LOT!! This is a sticky mess when you take them out of the pan if you don`t really spray your pan. Trust me on this one.
Scoop 1-2 tbsp of stove top into a muffin tin, and press down into the pan. Make sure not to over fill these, because the eggs take up a lot of space in the pan!
Crack an egg into each muffin cup.
Sprinkle bacon pieces (or sausage, or anything else that you like) over the top and add some grated cheese.
Bake in a 400F oven for about 20 minutes, until the yolk is cooked through.
Serve hot and delicious.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...