Sunday 1 January 2017

Menu Plan Monday - January 2, 2017

Hello old friends!! I know it's been a L-O-N-G time since I made an appearance here, but it's a new year, and I'm going to try to use this little corner of the internet to help me get back to being organized, even in chaos. Life has changed a lot over the past year, my kiddos are now 10 and almost 8, I got a new job, and I have two new nephews and another niece or nephew on the way!

My new job has meant less down time for me, and it also means I'm working more and after work I perform my usual chauffeur services to ferry the girls between the dance studio, brownies, girl guides, and their other activities. In fact, I spent today filling in the activities on our new 2017 family calendar that we keep on the fridge so everyone knows who has to be where, when!

We tried to keep our holiday season really chill this year. When in years past we did an Advent Activity Calendar, and wrapped and read a Christmas book each night this year we didn't plan out our activities for every single day. Instead, we made plans with friends and family as they came up and tried to slow down and enjoy our time with our loved ones.

We did plan one new event this year that we hope to make into a family tradition for years to come - a cousins Christmas party. This year my adult cousins and I planned a night where we all got together, kid free (except the newborns) and just enjoyed each other, had some yummy appies and drinks and chilled out! It was so much fun, and we managed to get almost all of the cousins together! At this party, my cousin, who is going back to work next week after her year's maternity leave reminded me that the menu plans I used to be so good about making were some of her dinner inspirations in her own home! She has two very busy little boys, and having a dinner plan helps her to keep her sanity in check, feed her family healthy meals and help avoid having cereal for dinner 3 times a week!

So, to help her (and me!!) out, I spent today filling out my calendar, and planning our menu for the next month - yes, you heard that correctly, MONTH! I like to plan out the whole month so I don't end up repeating recipes over the month long span. Also, planning for the whole month allows all members of the family to request a favorite meal! I let the girls pick two or three favorites, the hubs gets a couple of picks and mama gets to choose the rest! So, without further adieu, here is the first week of menus for 2017!!

Monday: Chicken Burrito Bowls (with lots of leftovers for lunch at work!)
Tuesday: Cheeseburgers and roasted potato wedges
Wednesday: Perogies and sausage
Thursday: Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
Friday: Rotisserie chicken, salad and hot dinner rolls
Saturday: Spaghetti and meatballs
Sunday: Turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes and veggies (freezer meal, makes dinner for today plus a bunch more for the freezer for future dinners!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I really appreciate it!! Here's hoping this is the first of many posts this year!! I'll be linking up to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday, stop over and check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...